- Install Visual Studio Code from website:
- Go to view > Extensions > Search Go. You will find an extension from Go Team at Google. Click on install.
3. After installing File > New File > Select a language > Go.
4. It will detect some missing plugins, so click on install all. Output will be like
Installing 6 tools at /Users/<>/go/bin in module mode.
Installing github.com/cweill/gotests/gotests@latest (/Users/user/go/bin/gotests) SUCCEEDED
Installing github.com/fatih/gomodifytags@latest (/Users/user/go/bin/gomodifytags) SUCCEEDED
Installing github.com/josharian/impl@latest (/Users/user/go/bin/impl) SUCCEEDED
Installing github.com/haya14busa/goplay/cmd/goplay@latest (/Users/user/go/bin/goplay) SUCCEEDED
Installing honnef.co/go/tools/cmd/staticcheck@latest (/Users/user/go/bin/staticcheck) SUCCEEDED
Installing golang.org/x/tools/gopls@latest (/Users/user/go/bin/gopls) SUCCEEDED
All tools successfully installed. You are ready to Go. 🙂
Go CLI : It’s a command prompt interface to execute different commands provide with go package.
- go run : Compile and execute go file – eg. go run hello.go
- go build : To compile go source file bundle. – eg. go build hello.go
- go install : Compiles and installs a package
- go get : Download a go package source code
- go tests : Run all the tests associated with current project
- go version: Display current version of Go binary