- 1-4 years of experience building and developing backend (or full stack) applications.
- Strong depth of knowledge on any one of the object oriented programming languages such as Java/Kotlin.
- Experience building services from the ground up is preferred – from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy, and ownership.
- Experience designing APIs, coupled with a passion for writing clean code.
- An operational excellence mindset. Experience in building highly scalable business applications, which involve implementing large complex business flows. Experience with multi-threading and concurrency programming.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a preference for Computer Science degree.
- Understanding of modern frontend ecosystem, including but not limited to bundling, linting, testing and releasing.
- Experience debugging problems across systems/repositories and designing solutions span the whole stack.
- System mindset that considers edge cases, observability, error handling, and integration across external systems.
- Thrive when working with internal engineer customers and have a deep empathy/service mindset on solving fellow engineer’s problems.
- Experience with building frontend applications using React.