After long due now, IntelliJ Idea now supports multiple windows from IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2.2 (Ultimate Edition), earlier we used to add project as module, but that’s not the right way. Follow these steps your life would be so easy.
People have been asking from long time. It was most critical and wanted feature.
- How do I open multiple projects in IntelliJ?
- How do I open multiple repos in IntelliJ?
- Is it possible to have several open projects at the same time?
- How do I add more projects in IntelliJ?
- How to open multiple projects in IntelliJ mac?
- How to open multiple projects in IntelliJ windows?
Steps to follow to open multiple windows in IntelliJ IDEA
- Download latest version of IntelliJ IDEA from here.
- Once download, restore default setting using below steps:
- File > Manage IDE settings > Restore default settings
- Now when you open a new project you will see this window:
That’s it you’re done!