The Indian software industry is growing day by day, and so the career opportunities too. Software professionals are always looking to learn and grow the latest skills and upgrade their position are careers which provide good hikes to the salaries too. In this article, we will explore the highest paying companies and technology in Software Industry. We have compiled a list of posts with their job specifications and average salary to guide you better.
As of today Software Industry has been highest growing industry. Here are some pointers being asked.
- Highest paying tech jobs in India 2022?
- Highest paying software jobs in USA 2022?
- Top it jobs in demand for future highest paying it jobs in india?
- Top 10 highest paying jobs in India
- Highest paying software jobs in the world?
1. Data Scientist
In 2021 data is the gold mine, and Data scientists are miners, who analyse and interpret complex information to facilitate better and timely business decisions. Skills required for being a data scientist are:
- Machine-learning algorithms,
- Data modeling
- Coding (using Python, SAS, and R), analytical skills.
- Data scientists are those who make sense out of huge data using these algorithms and represent them as visuals.
- Average Salary: 10 LPA
2. Big Data Engineer
As is clear from the title, their work revolves around big data applications. They manage the entire life cycle of large-scale deployments, utilizing their technical expertise in the following areas:
- Software utilities, such as Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL,
- Data warehousing technologies
- Data Lakes
- Data visualization
Average Salary: 7.8 LPA
3. Cloud Architect
They are responsible for organization’s cloud computing strategies. They should have thorough knowledge of cloud applications as well as good communication skills. They have the responsibility coordinating, implementing and ensuring developments done properly in the cloud environment. Cloud architects supervise the cloud computing strategy and coordinate with different teams to ensure that the deployments are correctly implemented. To perform these tasks, they need knowledge of the following topics:
- Successful application architectures in the cloud environment
- Usage of Amazon Web Services / Azure / GCP fundamental
- Effective communication with diverse internal and external stakeholders
4. Software Architect
They are responsible for developing software (system) architecture optimizing the development process. To undertake this responsibility, software architects make several design choices and dictate the standard for coding and technical platforms. Moreover, they have to develop prototypes that are in line with customer requirements. Software architects should possess the following qualities to qualify for the job:
- Understanding of software architecture and system design
- Data modelling
- Programming skills
- Analytical ability
5. DevOps Engineer
DevOps engineers can work as a part of the development team or the operations team. They need to be adept in tools like Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Unix. Additionally, they should have familiarity with coding, scripting (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.) DevOps engineers are also responsible for maintaining the infrastructure and integrating them with cloud services to facilitate automation. Here are some of their main responsibilities:
- Development team: Participating in deployment and network operations
- Operations team: Working on application development
Combining responsibilities of both made DevOps engineer, who acts as bridge between dev and ops team, can switch roles as per need.
6. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and NLP Engineer
The closest description of an AI engineer is someone who develops and drives AI initiatives in any organization. These trained professionals apply their expertise to create an efficient system using models with accuracy that makes life easy and automates things. AI examples are the automation of Live Chat support (Chatbots), extraction of data, and parsing the information using NLP and AI. Here are the typical practical requirements for this role in the job market:
- Python, R, Torch
- TensorFlow, IBM Watson and similar technologies
- Machine learning, neural networks, deep learning
7. Cybersecurity Specialist
The core task for this job is to protecting information systems from hacking, viruses, malware, phishing, and other cyber attacks. The cybersecurity specialist is responsible for the cybersecurity of the whole organization.
As we are moving more towards digital transactions cybersecurity professionals’ demand is growing up, Banking, Insurance, SaaS companies are even giving bug bounties to find bugs in their systems. So future and present both are good for this job, but here you need to be updated as hackers. This position also called White Hat Hacker or Ethical Hacker.
8. Site Reliability Engineer
A Site Reliability Engineer or SRE focuses on hybrid tasks related to software engineering and system administration.
As technology keeps pervading our everyday lives, the demand for SRE positions in tech is expected to increase even further. Simply put, these engineers are vital for the upkeep and proper functioning of all the development and operational processes. Typically this role needs below skills
- AWS, Azure Administration
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins (CI/CD)
- Shell Scripting
9. Full-stack Developer
According to W3Schools, A full-stack web developer is a person who can develop both client and server software. As companies want to reduce cost and utilize the employee fully, they tend to hire full-stack developers. In 2021 demand for full-stack will keep increasing. The full-stack developer desired skillet of full-stack development is given below.
- HTML and CSS
- Backend – PHP, ASP, Python, Java or Node.js
- Database – MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL
- Coding, scripting, and developing API
- Comprehension of web development fundamentals
- Acquaintance with database technologies
10. RPA Developer
As Automation has been boomed, RPA products like UiPath, AutomationAnywhere, BluePrism, IntelliBot etc., gained popularity as it generates good and faster ROI for companies, increases accuracy and reduce manual dependencies. To learn and grow in this field, lot of certifications are available for free of cost.
- RPA concepts (What is RPA?)
- Rest API, Web Scrapping
- UiPath, AutomationAnywhere
Evergreen demand Technology Skills
Apart from these trending technologies, these are also require for a software engineer to know. May need at some point in your career.
Here are some of the top paying companies in the field:
- Tower Research
- DE Shaw
- Walmart Labs
- Goldman Sachs
Indian IT hubs / cities
In recent times as WFH grows, some companies are paying good for a remote job too.
Highest Paying IT Jobs and roles in India
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- MySQL, HTML
- CSS and Bootstrap
- Product management
- Business development
- Team management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Digital Marketing
- Vulnerability assessment, SIEM, and network security
Also read this : Most popular programming languages in 2022