Department: Backend, Engineering
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the job
What The Candidate Will Do
- Build elegant backend platform components for high throughput and low latency distributed systems.
- Solve challenging problems with cutting edge design and algorithms.
- You will work with others in the team to maintain the health of our systems and code base, keep development hygienes, refactor and make improvements, keep our systems robust and resilient.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for scalability and testability.
- Work with smart and motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What The Candidate Will Need
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, Golang, Python).
- You have prior experience working on features end-to-end, including frontend, backend and database.
- Experience in building high performance, scalable distributed systems.
- Background in distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra).
- Ability to decompose complex problems into clean, extensible, performant services and systems.
- Self-driven to identify opportunities to make things better and efficient.
- Thoughtfulness. High adaptability. A willingness to learn.
- A team player attitude. You believe that you can achieve more on a team – that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement and you help others by returning the favor.