A NEW SOCIAL FUTURE 🧑🤝
How is it that in a world that’s evolving so quickly that social products still feel the same? Strangely enough, we’re still using products that were invented in the 2G era. There seems to be an emptiness with the current experience and today’s products are built to force humanity to be superficial.
We’d like to change that.
With the advancements in technology, so much more is possible today that wasn’t even possible, just a few years ago. We believe the timing couldn’t be better.
5 PRINCIPLES 💭
We’re thoughtful about why we do things and here are 6 principles guiding our thinking:
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing far richer, more personalised experiences.
- User’s Comfortable Online: 50% of people’s waking lives are spent on smartphones in emerging countries.
- Vertical Communities: We don’t live our lives in one massive community. We’re specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness etc).
- New Business Models: Putting customers at the centre. These won’t be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It’s a bit strange that consumers aren’t part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
BUILD MAGICAL THINGS 💖
It’s so clear to us that technology evolves but people stay the same. We’re solving for a core human need – social connection and with all the evolution in technology, today we can solve for that in brand new ways.
At our core, we’re a creative company. Ideas and pixels is where we live and we love building magical products that make our users feel ‘wow’ inside. It’s not just about features, it’s also about how they make people feel. We build at the intersection of the scientific and the romantic.
And it all starts with people, the right team that cares deeply about our mission, values and our users. At hike, you’ll have the chance to do the best work of your life.
Come join us and shape the future of social.
THE HIKE CODE
We’re on a journey to build something new, something different and making anything innovative & new requires the ability to surrender to the unknown. The Hike Code is our value system. It is our guide to navigate through the unknown to build incredible products. Here they are:
- Top Talent in Every Role: We look for people with an incredible intellect. Both skills and values are important to us.
- Pro-Sports Team: Strengths based, results driven with a “team-first” attitude
- Customer at the Centre: Everything we do is inspired by how we can better solve for our customer.
- Constant Innovation: It’s our DNA to walk into the unknown in search of having meaningful impact.
- Act Like Owners: We own the output of what we do, even if it’s explicitly not our job.
- Thoughtful Decision Making: Clear Mind + Obsession to Simplify + Data Driven. We strive to be thoughtful.
- Bias for Action: We understand that success is not one big leap but tiny gains compounding over time #ABH.
- Be Open Minded & Coachable: We have a quest to continuously #RiseUp to be the best version of ourselves.
ROLE & REQUIREMENTS 🎎
If you’ve made it till here, then you’re probably interested in the role 🙂
You will be joining a high-quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to growth and success.
Key Day To Day Responsibilities
- Develop softwares in Java/C/C++/Python etc
- Own the lifecycle of a feature from requirement analysis to deployment and post production processes
- Document requirements and specifications.
- Design & perform code review, troubleshoot & help on issues
- Write model code for functional and non-functional requirements and help improve the code quality standard across the team
- Own engineering metrics for the areas you work on
- Continuously improve performance metrics of modules owned.
- Implement initiatives that improve engineering efficiency and excellence
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌🙋
We’re looking for dynamic and entrepreneurial talent with a go-getter personality – Someone consistent with high determination and steady focus.
You’ll need to have the below in generous quantities to succeed in this role
- B.Tech in Computer Science/ Information Technology for 2021/ 2020 & 2019 Batch
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java/C/C++/Ruby/Python etc
- Knowledge of multithreading and memory management
- Sound knowledge of Design & Architecture.
- Deep knowledge of Collections, Algorithms, and well-known application frameworks
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development and design patterns
- Exposure to MVVM
- Understanding of large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering tools
- Work remotely from anywhere in IST timezone
- A flat and transparent culture
- Support for setting up Home Office
- Tools of the trade – MacBook, Latest Softwares
- Monthly Communication Reimbursement
- Best learning and development opportunities
- A chance to have a big impact in hypergrowth setup
At Hike, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnicity or disability status.