SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality, and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
Date: May 30, 2021
City: Bangalore, IN, 560066
Requisition ID: 290602
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T1
Hiring Manager: Manpreet Kaur Kalra
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The S/4HANA Test Engineering unit solves complex challenges empowering to run a mission-critical enterprise suite for SAP Products across Cloud and On-premise. The unit is a strong hub of expertise in Automation, Functional, Non-Functional and Process Tests, Lifecycle tests, modern Tools/technologies, BTP, Dockers, Hyperscalers like AWS/GCP, and multiple open sources. The unit is widely engaged with strategic topics such as 1S4HC, Continuous Feature Delivery, Central Business Configuration for Quality and Program Management, to name a few.
Innovation and excellence run deep into the culture and mindset of the unit, backed by a plethora of awards won consistently over the years. People are encouraged to innovate, explore different technologies and excel at their passions (In-house learning community STEllar, Technology Community – STEchies, Innovation & Thought leadership Community – InnovatiO and ML Group – Internal projects using AI/ML, are all examples of passions at work.
The focus of Industries & Master Data regression team in STE is to ensure excellent quality for different SAP solutions across industries and core. As per the strategy of S/4HANA cloud, there is huge investment planned to enable 25 Industries in cloud landscape. There are great opportunities ahead for the team to contribute in the test activities related to Industry Cloud and S/4HANA Cloud. The team is also accountable for developing Directional Reporting
Expectations and Job Description
As a Quality Associate for S/4HANA Test Engineering team, you will be responsible for the complete regression testing of product features for S/4HANA
- You need to be passionate about a long-term career in Test engineering and the innovations therein
- Work on functional regression tests across Releases for On-Premise and Cloud
- Design and develop quality automate for all feasible test scope as per defined guidelines
- Analyse test results (blockers, issues) and take appropriate follow-up actions
- Ideate/Explore/Implement different test techniques and patterns to improve test effectiveness
- Gain Product/domain knowledge including relevant business processes & scenarios and a basic understanding of customer needs
- High levels of product/topic accountability together with strong Customer focus will be the key to success.
- Perform Test engineering related innovations and participate in internal and external thought leadership forums
- Solve burning problems innovatively by learning and applying on the job – independently or as a Team
- B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech / MS / MCA fulltime with 70% and above across
- Good Communication, Problem-solving, and Analytical skills
- Background of SAP Quality processes and Testing with 0 to 4 years of experience
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing Test Automation using any of the tools like eCATTs, START, Selenium, UFT would be a head start to the role
- Experience in manual test execution with standard test design techniques
- Team player who is looking for new challenges with a proven track record of walking the extra mile
- Programming background in any language and sound object-oriented programming concepts
- Functional knowledge of SAP Industry solutions will be an added advantage.