The interns are offered ample exposure to a range of verticals within NITI Aayog. The interns are expected to augment the process of analysis inside NITI Aayog with the help of empirical collation of information. It is a great opportunity for the interns to gain an overview of the functioning of the Indian Government.NITI Aayog, Government of India has recently opened internship opportunities for students and freshers. The interns are offered ample exposure to a range of verticals within NITI Aayog. The interns are expected to augment the process of analysis inside NITI Aayog with the help of empirical collation of information. It is a great opportunity for the interns to gain an overview of the functioning of the Indian Government which will add value to their overall experience.
NITI Aayog had launched the Internship Scheme in 2015, which was later revised. The new scheme aims to engage undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduate students from the recognised university in India or abroad, as “Interns”.
At least six weeks but not exceeding six months.
- Students of any recognised University/ Institution in India or abroad, who fulfill the below conditions are are eligible to apply:
- UG students, who have already completed/appeared in the term-end exams of second year/4th semester of the bachelor degree course and have secured minimum 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduates who have completed/ appeared in the term-end exams of first-year/second semester of their post-graduate program or persuing research/Ph.D. and attained a minimum of 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- Students who have appeared in the final exam and awaiting admission for higher studies may be considered provided they secure 70% or more cumulative marks in all the semesters.
- The duration between the declaration of the final year result and the desired month of the internship should not exceed 6 months.
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on the website of NITI Aayog by the 10th of June
- Applications are accepted six months in advance and not later than two months prior to the month in which the internship starts
- Applicants are requested to specify their area of interest clearly
- A candidate is allowed to apply only once during a financial year
- Selected applicants have to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining