International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries.
Key Job Details
- Country/Region: IN
- City: Multiple Cities
- Category: Software Development & Support
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Position Type: Entry Level
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Company:(0063) IBM India Private Limited
- Req ID: 392637BR
Your Role and Responsibilities
- This individual applies experience and knowledge of one or more IT disciplines and a basic profession knowledge of education principles to assist in the development and/or delivery of learning solutions.
- This would normally be achieved by development of learning materials; however, performing consulting and curriculum specialization may be appropriate in selected situations.
- Responsible for a thorough understanding of concepts taught/developed, including practical, hands-on experience with subject matter.
- Develops technical skills and absorbs professional knowledge quickly.
- Performs assigned technical tasks and provides analytical support necessary to develop and implement solutions for small to medium size projects, or components/elements of larger projects.
- On occasion, provides technical advice to project managers/leaders and gives some technical direction to team members such as subcontractors or client personnel.
- Global knowledge sharing and management is key to IBM’s success. Individuals will participate in the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of IBM’s intellectual capital and will actively participate in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
- Support development efforts by providing technical expertise and programming skills as needed.
- Stay abreast of latest innovations in technology, especially those appropriate for e-learning.
- Stay abreast of latest IBM products that could be appropriate for learning.
- Develop web pages/web tools/authoring tools to enable efficient sharing of assets, materials, etc., for the development team.
- Provide input around tool selection, system setup for solutions.
- Ensure best practices regarding content management and the use of selected learning technology tools in accordance with IBM standards and guidelines.
- Submit best practices, related findings as a result of project outcomes to contribute to tools requirements and feature updates as needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- multimedia creation (AS3, Flash, Adobe Audition, audio-video creation & editing, embedding streaming media, simulations, etc)
- tools creation, emerging technologies (such as wikis, blogs, podcasts, RSS, Web 2.0)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Process Knowledge: Strong knowledge of Specific processes including principles, policies, and country or regional specifics.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: Strong Ability to analyze errors/complex situations and implement appropriate solutions and preventive action plans for the team
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong ability to build rapport and effective business collaboration/relationships with key customers and contacts, including executives.
- Communication Skills: Very High Level; confident and able to communicate and influence people at all levels
- Values: with unquestionable integrity, able to deal with highly personal, confidential information
- Maturity: Strong ability to maintain composure under pressure. High level of maturity and sense of responsibility.