Comcast Corporation (formerly registered as Comcast Holdings) is an American telecommunications conglomerate headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is the second-largest broadcasting and cable television company in the world by revenue (behind AT&T), the largest pay-TV company, the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States, and the nation’s third-largest home telephone service provider. Comcast provides services to U.S. residential and commercial customers in 40 states and in the District of Columbia. As the parent company of the international media company NBCUniversal since 2011, Comcast is a producer of feature films and television programs intended for theatrical exhibitions and over-the-air and cable television broadcasts, respectively.
Job SummaryCandidate will own the incidents, coordinate with various technical teams and manages the process to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations.
Date posted: 06/03/21
- Responsible for owning the incident bridge and guiding various teams to restore the service as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for communicating the incident impact and current progress to leadership and organization through service now tool within SLA’s.
- Responsible for engaging and coordinating with various teams to mitigate the incidents.
- Ensuring all the incident-related metrics and processes are followed during and after the incident.
- Should understand application functionalities and technical architecture to guide the teams during incidents.
- Follow up with application/technical teams post incidents to get detailed RCA.
- Assign action items to technical teams post-incident to avoid reoccurrence of the issue
- Establish a continuous improvement process where the process performance, activities, roles and responsibilities, policies, and procedures are reviewed.
Bachelor’s Degree – College Graduate – 0 years
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance, and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially, and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Tips & behavioral interview questions for Comcast
- Make sure you review your cv thoroughly
- Be prepared for behavioral questions
- Please walk us through your portfolio?
- Tell me about a project you’ve done?
- Do you know what Comcast does?
- Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?
- Why should we hire you?
- Describe a challenge and how you overcame it.
- What is your biggest achievement?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What was something you did that helped expand on your technological skillset? And how did you benefit from it?
- Why Comcast?
- What are some of your technical skills?
- Talk about a time you took a risk.
- SQL, Java, Object-Oriented (OOPS) Questions