The Amazon India Consumer team is building a new team to build the next generation of features that will help Amazon to effectively communicate with its customers.
In this role you will be involved in building features and will require understanding and working across back-end services and the shopping app.
We are looking for solid SDEs who are excited by the charter and looking to solve complex technical problems. If dealing with ambiguity and solving complex technical problems interests you, this may be a great opportunity for you to consider.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 0-2 years of industry experience
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
· Experience in design
· Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with building scalable services
· Ability to write good quality code and a good understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, innovation-focused environment
· Hands-on experience developing with Amazon Web Services
· Familiarity with Alexa as a customer
Amazon Behavioural Questions
- Tell me about a time when you had to leave a task unfinished.
- Give me two examples of when you did more than what was required in any job experience.
- Tell me about a time when you took a calculated risk.
- Tell me about your proudest professional achievement.
- Why Amazon?
- What is the situation where you have conflict with your manager, how you resolved it?
- Most challenging situation you ever faced?
- If you’re feeling that you won’t be able to meet deadline of project. What would you do?
Amazon Interview Questions
- K largest elements from a big file or array.
- Find a triplet a, b, c such that a2 = b2 + c2. Variations of this problem like find a triplet with sum equal to 0. Find a pair with given sum. All such questions are efficiently solved using hashing. – Practice here
- Binary tree traversal questions like left view, right view, top view, bottom view, maximum of a level, minimum of a level, children sum property, diameter etc.
- Convert a Binary tree to DLL – Practice here
- Lowest Common ancestor in a Binary Search Tree and Binary Tree.
- Implement a stack with push(), pop() and min() in O(1) time.
- Reverse a linked list in groups of size k – Practice here
- Given two numbers represented by two linked lists, write a function that returns sum list – Practice here
- Rotate a matrix by 90 degree.
- Stock span problem
- Next greater element
- Some Dynamic Programming problems like:
- Why Amazon?
- Questions about projects done in previous company or final year.