Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Back End Engineering department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer dat a, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as part of the Back End Engineering team.
You might call yourself “full stack” or “back end” or you might consider yourself an authority in a certain field, but you will have a keen interest in how the different systems work together.
We’d love to hear from you if you are experienced in any of the technologies we work with (note – we are not looking for you to have them all). We are interested in speaking to persons of any level from individuals just starting their IT careers to experts in their field.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- You build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic
- You will use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices
- You must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime
- Work on mission critical systems that deals with the designing and development of a system that serves millions of users every day
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Very good understanding of core computer science knowledge and strong ability to apply this knowledge using Java
- Knowledgeable in using Databases and writing SQL queries
- Passion for crafting software and improving your knowledge and skills
- Good command of the English language